Sonntag, 3. April 2011

Studio Fotos...mit Überraschungsgast! -- ...with a surprise guest!

Monatelang habe ich Quiltstudio Fotos studiert und überlegt, was ich gerne hätte und was bei mir machbar wäre. Zuerst dachte ich daran, "vorher" Fotos zu machen. Im Januar habe ich locker mit Ausmisten angefangen und im Februar bei IKEA das gewünschte PAX Schrank mit Schubladen plus 3x Antonius Schubladentürme auf Räder gekauft. Eine beste Freundin, mein Mann und Sohn halfen mir beim umräumen und bauen bis es mehr oder weniger fertig war...und ich habe wieder fotographiert.
Diese Fotos zeige ich aber nicht, weil eine liebe Patchworkfreundin eine Longarm Quiltmaschine wollte aber zu Hause kein Platz dafür hat...und fragte mich, wo ich´s hinstellen würde! Na ja, die Türme sind auf Räder habe ich gesagt, kann ich woanders stellen--hab ja nicht wirklich ernst genommen. Stell Euch vor, kaum eine Woche später wurde es aber tatsächlich ernst, sie verlor keine Zeit und hat gleich eins bestellt! Deshalb seit Dienstag früh gibt es eine andere Ordnung im Studio und ein Gast, die erstmal an die erwähnte Wand Platz gefunden hat...die ich aber im Sommer am Fensterplatz stellen werde, glaube ich.
Unser Gast heißt baby lock QDrive und wir habe nur 2 Tischteile (240cm) zusammenbauenlassen; das Dritte (insgesamt 360cm?) Teil wartet im Keller, bis wir mal ein ganz breiter Quilt machen.
So habe ich gestern neue "nachher" Fotos gemacht. Genug gesagt, Zeit zum zeigen! Wer tolle Studio Ideen hat, bitte kommentieren oder sagen, wo wir Fotos sehen können, und vielen Dank dafür!!
Schöne Frühlingstage and hugs, Bobbi
For months I looked at quilter´s studio photos and thought about what I´d really like to include in mine, as well as what would be possible to achieve in my allotted space. First of all I actually remembered to take some "before" photos. In January, I started sorting out things and in February bought the desired PAX cabinets with drawers and three Antonius towers with drawers and wheels at IKEA. One of my girlfriends, my husband and my son all helped with the moving and building of things until it was more or less finished...and I dutifully took the camera up for some "after" shots to show you.
Those photos, however, I will not be showing you. That´s because one of my nicest :o) patchwork friends wanted to have a longarm quilting machine, but doesn´t have enough room for one at home...and asked ME, where I´d put it if she got one! No prob, I said--the towers are on wheels and I could easily roll them over to another wall. I was in for a shock, because of course I didn´t really think this was going to happen. But believe it or not, hardly a week later she came by with the broschure to tell me what she ordered, didn´t waste any time at all about it! Tuesday morning I had to roll those towers out of the way to make room on the aforementioned wall :o) for our new guest...thatwill reside presently as shown in the pictures but will probably be moved to the end of the room near the one window by summer, I think.
Our guest´s name is baby lock QDrive. There are three tables but we chose only to have two assembled together (about 240cm long) and keep the third (in total about 360cm, maybe?) in the cellar until we decide at some point to make a larger quilt.
So it came to be that I took new "after" photos yesterday...or should we say, the "interim".
Enough said, it´s time to let you see the Studio! If any of you should have some great studio ideas, please feel free to comment or let us know, where we can see your photographs--and thanks ever so much!
Happy Spring days and hugs, Bobbi


Florian´s Newspaper Monster going in...  :o)

#1--Before  (my own sewing corner)

#1-After



















#2--Before (outer wall)

#2--After!















#3--Before (sloped roof end of room)

#3--After















#4--Before (inner wall)

#4--After
















#5--Before (looking back toward front end)

#5--After




















#6--Before (the exit shot)

#6--After (towers rolled over near the exit for the moment...)
 















And...one more look at the Qdrive. *grin!*


Sweet dreams all, and hugs, Bobbi